From 2001-2005 I bought about a pair a year and when I wore through them would just go online and order another pair. Well, in fall 2005 when I went online, I didn't see them availabe anymore. I immediately called their corporate offices to find out what the deal was.
"Oh, we aren't carrying those anymore," the In N Out rep said.
"WHAT?!?!" Noooooo! I love those! They're all I wear! I need them!"
Even though this dude had just shattered my world, he had good news. "We still have about 45 pairs in stock but that's it."
My birthday was nearing and I sent out a mass email to my family members letting them know that if they were planning on getting me anything else, forget it!
I got about ten pairs within the next few days, which I thought would last me the next ten years, right? But the next year I moved to Hawaii and literally wore them every day to every event. The beach and warm weather were taking their toll on the poor things. I was going through a pair every 5-6 months! Oh noooo! I should have just bought all of the 45 they had left :(
I now have just one new pair left in my closet. My current pair has been stolen by the dogs several times and used as a teething ring as seen here.




14 comments:
I just checked ebay. Nothing. So sad.
that is a serious love, I commend you Beth :)
I do the same thing with stuff I love. If I know it has been discontinued I look for it on the internet.
Oh my those are really nice and they look super comfy, reminds me of the sandals with the little whales I stole (borrowed) from my daughter over 7 yrs ago, they are still going strong but I can not imagine having to live a day without them, I guess I am going to have to go look for replacement ones before it is to late...Hope somewhere out there you will find another pair or two!
♥ Noemi
Fashion: http://www.classy-n-glamorous.blogspot.com
Travel: http://www.brianna64-acrossthesea.blogspot.com/
Bummer! :(
So glad to see another post, Beth. It's been too long. Make sure you post more than once every two months, missy.
Wow. I forgot how cool they look when they're new.
WOW...! I first thought, "rad flip flops"? Yeah, some are nice and cushy (i.e. Sanuk), some are pretty. How rad can they be?? Then I saw the picture of the soles.... HOLY MOLY! That is the most AWESOME pair of flip flops I've ever seen!! And I can say that as a kid, I'm pretty sure we went to the original In-N-Out in Baldwin Park so I can appreciate the branding. Are you SURE you want to actually wear these and ultimately wear them out? I'm serious. If I were you, I'd find some cool framer to frame them, one top side up and one sole side up. To me, this is a serious collector's item.
I feel for you. Locals stopped making the kind I like last year, and now I don't even live in Hawaii anymore, so I'm really screwed when mine wear out.
If you must live without these flip flops, I suggest trying the Sanuk flip flops made with yoga mat. They are amazingly comfy!
Maybe Jack in the Box sells sandals. Or Taco Bell. Those would be just as cool, right?
At least you KNEW they had flops & got to enjoy them. I've been on the east coast far away from my favorite burger place & had no idea. Hope you got some great sand imprint pics while in Hawaii!
I'm trying to find the manufacturer- and I keep getting the Croc company referral. No idea if that's the company that makes your favorite flips, but I'll keep looking. (Shoe-lock Holmes here!)
I just checked in a spanish websites but I didn't found it a seem sandals
Post a Comment