I have a list of things that I want to do before we move away from Hawaii in May and today I can finally cross one off that's been on the list for a while. Karin and I hiked Koko Head Crater this morning.
I had driven past it many times, telling myself I'd do it one day, but feeling leary about how steep and difficult it looked. But it actually wasn't too awful. And the view from the top was gorgeous.




And when we got home we treated ourselves with wine and brownies. Utter happiness :)
12 comments:
I want to be doing that when we go to there be! Yay!
hahaha. we totally will!
Damn! We totally wanted to do that while we were there, but didn't have time. Is that Hanauma Bay down there?
Next time..
Dang girl, that's impressive! Is it worse then Diamond Head?
Sad to hear you guys are leaving the island. You've seemed to really fit in here and I think have become part of the culture... at least for me. I'm leaving too, in three weeks, for reasons I won't go in to here.
I did Koko Head a few months ago. Oh man, it didn't kill me but it was pretty hard! I almost threw up when I got to the top. Insane view, though, and I'm I'm glad I did it.
Thanks for sharing your lives on your blogs, and for the best Lost podcast there is!
We should have done this. I could have totally made it up to the third flight!
I wouldn't have made it up the first ten steps!
Did you take the train back down?
does nunu like going on the airplane?
Looks fantastic!!! I little don't understand, Beth, you and Jorge will move away from hawaii For ever????
All the times I have driven by it..I have never felt the urge to hike it!:)
Do mauna willi falls if you get a chance to. Its beautiful back there.
Maunawili is probably my fave hike here. I still have Mariner's Ridge on my list before we go. It's Josh and Emerson's fave.
I like your giants hat!
Post a Comment