i've been a viewer of jon and kate plus 8 for a couple of years now. i watched it because the kids were adorable. and even though i felt really bad for jon when kate nagged him constantly, i thought that i could still somehow see the tiny bit of spark left between the two of them every now and then. i mean, just last august they got re-married in hawaii.
but after watching last night's season premiere, i can honestly say that i never want to watch this show again. (i will watch the episode where they visit the charm city cakes bakery because thems my peeps.) it just seems to me that the free stuff, the celebrity and the money from making the show has become way more important to kate than her marriage. i think she keeps reiterrating that the kids are her number one concern in order to make herself not look so selfish. but it aint workin.
leaving the drama,
beth

24 comments:
Nothing understood what you wanted to say but I first who wrote you a message.
Ditto!
I gave up when the first product placements began airing. Then I did some reading on GWoP (Gosselins Without Pity), learned a LOT of bad stuff about Kate (and Jon, but mostly Kate), and have been appropriately horrified with the two of them ever since.
I'm glad you figured it out on your own-- maybe others will, too. Very sad... those kids are totally screwed. :-(
Thats why I stopped watching American Chopper...at first it was great, but gradually it turned into a 1hr advertisemnt slot on Discovery for whatever company was prepared to stump up the cost ($100,000 plus)for a custom bike...
When they helped to design an OCC rollercoaster, I turned off for good!
Martyr(Kate) is a real piece of work
Very sad for the kids
I caught part of the party and then later on when they were talking about their marriage. It was just sad, and defiantly not the show I fell in love with.
I don't think I will be watching anymore either.
I miss the days of laughing about Alldergators and Unnawears.
I feel for those poor kids. They are going to have all this hanging over their heads for the rest of their lives. Especially if this season pans out the way I think it will - with the marriage falling apart on screen.
All catured on hi-def.
Amen. Jon did make some bad decisions, but I think he is just a desperate man trying to figure out how his life spiraled out of control like it has. And dealing with that shrew on a daily basis cannot be easy. I feel bad for the guy.
I've never watched that show and know very little about the Gosselins, so I can't comment on them. However, I've really been irked by the way the public's attitude toward them compares to the way Nadia Sulemon has been treated. I'm not saying I agree with all of her decisions, but some of the very same people who've called her an unfit mother and attention whore have praised the Gosselins. I can't help but feel that a lot of the reason for it is that Ms. Sulemon is a single, Hispanic, inner-city young woman, whereas the Gosselins are white, upper-class folks who live in the country, and therefore have what many people consider to be a "wholesome" lifestyle. As bad as I feel for the kids, word that the parents are not as perfect as some believe might prompt a few people to reexamine their own prejudices.
Anyway, just my soapbox for the day ;)
i've only seen the clips from The Soup, which i will keep on watching!
Oh man. If you give up on Jon and Kate then how will you fill your time?
Or do reruns not count.
The Soup! That's how I do almost all of my "reality tv" viewing.
what's the soup...I only ask cos my wife loves reality tv *cough*
Watching that last episode was way too uncomfortable and awkward...we just know too much about everything going on in their personal lives. Its too creepy.
That woman makes me crazy. I don't understand how she can watch past episodes of herself and not be embarassed and horrified at her actions. Jon should've manned-up a long time ago. I feel bad for those poor kids.
Paul, The Soup is a show on E! that shows clips of reality & talk shows and puts a smart-ass spin on them: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_soup/index.html
I've only watched the show a handful of times, mostly because I can't stand shows that exploit children like that. I don't want to be a part of it. You can bet I wont be watching any Octo-mom productions when they appear.
I kind of feel sorry for Kate though. I mean, maybe that's how she really is.. I don't know.. but TV does a great job editing people so they appear to be a certain way. What if Kate's been given the villain edit because a happy marriage without drama and friction rarely gets good ratings on TV or what if Kate is that way because Jon is a bona fide, aggravating dickhead who spends all his off-air time hustling young co-eds in bars at night? The truth is, nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.
However, that said..... I do hate the show because of the exploitation of those poor kids and the decision to exploit them that way was a parental decision so that is something I do know for certain and I think it reflects poorly on them as parents.
Thanks B...
I've never seen even one episode of the show, but knowing that their lives are spiraling out of control and that divorce and a possible homicide/suicide combo is just over the horizon makes me want to start watching it IMMEDIATELY.
I hate that chick's hair. That's reason enough for me to want to watch them implode.
Oh youre quite welcome...
Sorry for the late reply, but if youre still in London and want some Harry Potter stuff then there a few places.
If you're willing to splash out a lot of cash though, contact a place called the Prop Store. It has real items used in the HP films (as well as lots of other films)... I think its just www.propstore.com
Im not too sure about HP stuff in Camden though, just have a bit of a wander and Im sure you'll come across something :)
I'm quite in agreement with you there. What's really sad is that the kids berate Jon in the same way that the wife does. Just a bad situation all around, and her ego needs to come down a few hundred notches. You're right Aunt B., Jon needs to man-up.
:-p
My fiance used to watch it and I could never stand it. There are too many shows these days that involve people I just don't care about. Jon, Kate, their kids, their family and friends...I don't like any of them, so I don't care if their trip to Disneyland/school/the doctor goes well. Though I would watch the show if they all jumped out of a helicopter.
I can't stop watching it is like a car wreck! But I adore those munchkins too, and yeah Kate is really over doing the it's for the kids bit, when she is leaving them so often. The books will continue to sell without her there. I have never met one of MY authors but still buy their books!
I'm with ya. I'm on Team Jon and honestly think that if they stopped after last season they're marriage may have stood a fighting chance. They could have stayed out of the spotlight and focused on each other instead of what the tabloids were printing.
Today the newsmedia is talking about their announced separation. I wish that they were talking about their upcomming marital counseling, to show that they were willing to fight for their marriage and kids. IMO they gave up too easily. I guess their vows went, "...till death or fame, do us part." :-(
Post a Comment