7.25.2008

we took the genie to vancouver

i really dig travelling to new lands but the flying part of it usually causes me a lot of anxiety. it only took watching 4 or 5 episodes of the show "air emergency" on the natgeo channel to create the ultimate fear of flying in me. watching a show that depicts any possible thing that could go wrong during a commercial flight is NOT something a person already suffering from worry and anxiety should watch. but i can't help it! i HAVE to watch it! i must!

we flew in to vancouver on wednesday night. the flight from LA was only 2 and a half hours, which doesn't seem like much after the 5 hour flight from hawaii but i was still pretty freaked out. that is, until i saw the plane that we were flying in! check it out...



i like to think that alaska airlines picked this plane just for me :)

7 comments:

Rachel Snyder said...

Nice to see a new post from you! I've been a frequent flyer all my life without any problems...until I ended up working right by the site of the worst air disaster in history. I guess experiencing the aftermath of a crash (or crashes, in this case) every day will do that to you :( Oh my god, I can't even adequately describe the anxiety I felt just from thinking about getting on a plane, and actually traveling somewhere took every ounce of my self-control. Thankfully most of my anxiety vanished last year. I don't know why or how, but I'm very very glad!

john (not lennon) said...

So do you have to rub the exterior as you pass through the door while turning around 3 times counterclockwise?

:)

Anonymous said...

Thats why I only travel by any kind of vehicle or boats... never been on a plane and have no intention to !!! Just the thought of how far down I will fall if anything goes wrong... NO it is def not for me to travel that way.

Heather (a.k.a. Bella) said...

Did you love Vancouver? I always get excited when people mention it, because it's (so far) my favorite place that I've ever visited.

Justin Shady said...

I hate flying, but I'd feel better getting on a "Disney" plane. Something about it makes me feel like it COULDN'T CRASH, right?

Justin Shady said...

PS: Get back in the country so I can actually CALL YOU.

chefmom said...

Um, I have 1 word for flying. Xanax. Otherwise I'm the nutcase on the plane having an anxiety attack and freaking out. That really was a good plane for you though!!