i have a new addiction these days, and that is chocolate fondue.
it all started about seven months ago when i was spending a lot of time at a friend's house for "girls' night". you know those kind of nights where we put our hair in pigtails and have pillow fights in our undergarments. that's right boys, we DO exactly that EVERY time we are with our girl friends.
so at these girls' nights, we would melt some chocolate in a fondue pot and cut up bananas, strawberries, pineapple and apples to dip in it. we would drink wine and discuss our lives as we did, enjoying it as a tasty once in a while snack.
well, now i can't stop. and it's gotten to the point where i don't use a fondue pot, i just eat it right out of a regular pot that i melted it in on the stove.
i used to be able to not feel so guilty eating it because of the nutrition in the fruit. but there's no variety of fruit here. it's just whatever's in the fridge. yes, it was pineapple this time. but i've even been known to chocolate fondue chicken, pickles, rutabaga, leftover salad, whatever.
my addiction has taken its toll on my finances now though. just LOOK what it did to my 2007 tax papers!
i've got to get help. i've got to stop.

3 comments:
Oh hell I need to try that!! I would have to fight my kids for it though and they are all bigger than me!! CHOCOLATE!!!!
Buy a chocolate fountain!! I just stick my face in it. And seriously, I believe all men think that girls night out means= lingerie, pillowfights, and pigtails. I have a friend who thought that's was sorotities were all about. Anyway, I posted it for Jorge, but I see that you loved the molasses cookies also. I posted a recipe here: www.fortheloveofcaknj.com
I'm assuming that you guys can get the perfect sugar for them in Hawaii. I hope you like them!!
I'm a little like this with the cheese one. And I should tell you that I got almost 10 pounds heavier since this all started...
Post a Comment