4.28.2009

sizzler gut rot

sometimes we get a major craving for sizzler's salad bar. yeah, i don't know why either. i mean, the cheesy toast is pretty awesome. and the fact that i can twirl my own soft serve ice cream cone there is really fun. but the food is almost always a disappointment.

today we went for it and i stuffed myself silly with dried out chicken wings, wilted brown lettuce, a grease dripping taco and a big ole glass of sierra mist that had some yellow bits of unknown floating in it.

will i ever learn?

9 comments:

JohnLeMay said...

I'm the same way with barnhill's buffet here in the south. It is terrible. I'm not sure how they screw up mac and cheese, honestly, but I keep going and stuffing myself.

Richard said...

the only thing that sounded remotely appetizing was the grease dripping taco. okay, who am i kidding... that sounded quite good, actually. which probably explains my high cholesterol count.
-r-

Julie said...

I love buffets as well, and they always disappoint me. I think it's the idea of so many choices. It always sucks though. My friends and I stopped in Atlantic City yesterday on a little de-tour on our way home from NYC. We ate at the Trump Taj Mahal hotel buffet cause we thought it would be fun. The food sucked. However my husband did manage to stuff his messenger bag full of cookies for the 10 hour drive back home. He's a smart one! Lol

Ralph- said...

Next time, try the Soup Plantation. It is delicious, there is soft serve, warm soup and i am pretty sure it has nothing to do with slavery.

Tammy said...

Oh we like our buffets-perfect for all the diferent ages and it's "fast food". We go to the chinese Buffet and load up on fruit, crab legs, crab rangoon, sushi, and my personal fav-garlic butter shrimp-that may or may not have been deveined.
You have to love the way greasy food "calls" to you :)
Hope your belly feels better!

Jorge Garcia said...

yum

Paul Spooner said...

Our version of Sizzler is Big Lukes...a kind of Tex Mex all you can eat... Its almost always crap, but we keep going back...even though we could probably get a much nicer pub lunch for the same price!

Justin Shady said...

Somewhere in Heaven, Hi-Guy is smiling.

dorizori said...

I have the same cravings for Ponderosa's buffet...and I KNOW I will be disappointed if i give in. Why did it seem sooo good when we were little?