while on the elliptical this morning i watched one episode of an "america's next top model" marathon and sweat off about 250 calories. i was working towards a tasty lunch that i had been thinking about all morning. butternut squash bisque and mini cheese quiche leftover from a dinner we had last night at my absolute favorite restaurant, Roy's (see blog titled "a poem about my favorite restaurant").
when i heard the elliptical beep notifying me that my 30 minutes were up, i jumped from it and headed back into the house and went straight for the fridge. but lo and behold, the small square styrofoam container that held four mini quiches was NOT there. i looked at the overflowing garbage can and sitting on top, there it was. torn into 2 pieces and completely EMPTY of any type of tasty treat.
WHERE ARE MY QUICHES! TWO OF THOSE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MINE!!!! I belted out to a poor, unsuspecting boyfriend in the living room.
He ate them. All four. What betrayal.
It seriously is one of the worst things in life when you are thinking about something tasty in the fridge or the pantry, and you have to finish something before you can get to it, thus making the time in between now and getting to it makes you crave it that much more, but then you finally finish and get to where it USED to be. and you realize your roommate or your brother or your dog ate it. (yes, i've even had my awesome leftovers given to the dog).
My quiches were gone. And now Roy's is going to be closed for a month for renovations. What is a girl to do?

10 comments:
Okay. Already. But you said you didn't like them last night. You said they were "Too cheesy."
Too cheesy? If cheese isn't too cheesy how can anything else be too cheesy.
Did you check under the microwave thing?
LOL I subscribe to both your and your boyfriend's blogs because you guys are hilarious. I often joke about my so-called obsession with a certain TV show, but I realize now that I don't even understand the concept. Although maybe a mini quiche is worth it, I dunno...
lol Men suck!!! lol my husband has done similar things to me.
Now everything in the fridge that is not a normal fridge item must be marked with a name. So I can literally say IT HAD MY NAME ON IT!!!
OH, that's just WRONG!!!! I have had that happen. In fact, I had it happen while I was pregnant, and let me tell you cravings need to be satisfied when you're pregnant, or your head will spin and you'll spew green sludge. Bad move by Jorge! Just because it might have too cheesy last night doesn't mean it will be too cheesy today. Learn womanspeak, man!!
Roy's is CLOSED?? Maybe we'll have to go to ROY: THE CHICAGO CHAPTER when you come and visit next week. Woo hoo!
I KNEW that we had half a chocolate pie left from the night before - all day at work I kept dreaming of a piece of that pie to go with my coffee when I got home.... only to realize that my significant other and my son had eaten the whole thing !!!!! But they did save the box for me...... LOL.
I confess, I am always the one doing that to my husband. I am sorry. But how do you know HE wasn't thinking about it like you were and just got there first?
let me tell you a story about a girl in new york city, and her favorite dark chocolate form her homestate, and a boyfriend with an insatiable appetite to drive. me. insane.
i feel ya.
I hate it when I am looking forward to a certain treat and it is gone. My husband is bad enough, but I am afraid it will only get worse as my kids get older. Then there will be 3 people I have to worry about eating my tasty treats. You definitely can not resort to hiding items that need to be refrigerated...although I bet the veggie crisper hidden under other stuff would work. However, that won't work for you if Jorge reads this. Sorry. Better luck next time.
Post a Comment